Primavera Licensing Intro
Primavera Licensing can be complex and Oracle is auditing this product quite heavily. This article will tell you the basics. Oracle Primavera is a project management software used by companies in a variety of industries to plan, schedule, and control complex projects. It is a comprehensive and flexible solution that can be tailored to meet the needs of different organizations and projects.
One of the key benefits of Oracle Primavera is its ability to manage large and complex projects. The software allows users to break down a project into smaller, more manageable tasks and assign them to different team members. It also allows users to track the progress of each task and the overall project, providing real-time updates and alerts when tasks are overdue or at risk of falling behind schedule. This helps project managers identify and address potential issues before they become problems, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
Oracle Primavera also offers a range of tools and features that help users to better manage and coordinate projects. For example, the software includes resource management tools that allow users to track and optimize the use of resources, such as labor, materials, and equipment. It also includes collaboration and communication tools that help team members to stay connected and informed about the project, even when they are working remotely or in different locations.
In addition to its project management capabilities, Oracle Primavera also offers a range of financial management tools. These tools allow users to track and manage project costs, including budget and expenses, as well as generate reports and analyze financial data. This helps organizations to better understand the financial performance of their projects and make more informed decisions about future investments.
So, how do you license Oracle Primavera software? The process for licensing Oracle Primavera depends on the specific needs and requirements of your organization. Some options for licensing the software include:
- On-Premises License: This type of license allows you to install and run Oracle Primavera on your own servers, giving you full control over the software and the data it stores. This option is ideal for organizations that have the technical resources and infrastructure to support it.
- Cloud-Based License: This type of license allows you to access and use Oracle Primavera through a cloud-based platform, rather than installing it on your own servers. This option is generally more flexible and scalable, and it requires less upfront investment in hardware and infrastructure.
Primavera Application User License
Primavera On-Premise licensing has several different licensing metrics depending on the product. The main licensing metric is “application user”
Application User: is defined as an individual authorized by you to use the applicable licensed application programs which are installed on a single server or on multiple servers regardless of whether the individual is actively using the programs at any given time
Products using the application licensing metric
- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management – License cost $ 3850
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management – License cost $ 3250
- Primavera Portfolio Management – License cost – $ 2,900
Primavera Processor License
You also have processor license for some Primavera products, and as well as employee user metrics.
Primavera P6 Reporting Database – License cost $ 25,000
Project Portfolio Management Integration Pack for Primavera P6 – License cost $ 70,000
Primavera Cloud Services
- Primavera Cloud per user $ 100 / Monthly
- Primavera Task Management per user $ 50 / Monthly
- Primavera Progress Services per user $ 12 / monthly
- Primavera Portfolio Planning per user $ 200 / monthly
Minimum 12 month contract.
Top4 License Compliance Primavera Risks
- You do not end date users who either leave your organization and or stops using Primavera. Oracle will request you count every user who has access regardless if you are using Primavera or not.
- You are integrating Primavera with another product such as SAP and you are not counting the users in the third application. (indirect usage)
- You are using a Primavera module without the appropiate license.
- You are miscalculating the number of processors required for the Primavera product that is installed on a server and licensed by processor metric.
How can our experts help?
Our Primavera License Review service is designed to help organizations optimize their use of Oracle Primavera software and ensure that they are in compliance with their licensing agreements.
During the review process, we will work with you to understand your organization’s specific needs and requirements for using Oracle Primavera. We will review your current licensing arrangements and assess how the software is being used within your organization. Based on this assessment, we will provide recommendations on how to optimize your use of the software and ensure that you are in compliance with your licensing agreements.
Our team of experts is highly knowledgeable about Oracle Primavera and has experience working with a wide range of organizations and projects. We will use this expertise to identify any potential issues or inefficiencies in your current licensing setup and provide solutions to address them.
By conducting a Primavera License Review, you can be confident that your organization is getting the most value out of its Oracle Primavera investment. You can also reduce the risk of non-compliance and avoid costly penalties or fines.
Overall, our Primavera License Review service is an essential part of any organization’s project management strategy and helps ensure that you are using Oracle Primavera in the most effective and efficient way possible. So, if you want to optimize your use of Oracle Primavera and ensure compliance with your licensing agreements, contact us to schedule a Primavera License Review today.