- Oracle IAS Licensing
- What is Oracle Internet Application Server
- Oracle IAS Benefits
- Oracle Internet Application Server Enterprise Edition Licensing
- Oracle Internet Application Server License costs
- Most common reasons for being out of compliant with your IAS license
- How to audit whether you are compliant with Oracle IAS licenses
Oracle IAS Licensing
What is Oracle Internet Application Server
Let’s talk about Oracle IAS licensing and costs, but first, begin with the basics – Oracle Internet Application Server (IAS) is a comprehensive middleware platform that is designed to support the development, deployment, and management of internet applications. It is a key component of Oracle’s Fusion Middleware product suite and provides a range of benefits for organizations that are looking to build and deploy web-based applications.
Oracle IAS Benefits
One key benefit of Oracle IAS is its flexibility. It supports a wide range of application architectures, including Java EE, .NET, and PHP, and can be used to support a wide range of application types, including web-based applications, mobile apps, and microservices. This flexibility makes it an ideal platform for organizations that are looking to build and deploy applications that are tailored to meet their specific needs.
In addition to its flexibility, Oracle IAS also provides a range of tools and features that make it easier for organizations to build and deploy internet applications. For example, it includes a range of development tools, such as Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle Visual Builder, which can help organizations to more quickly and easily build and deploy applications. It also includes a range of features, such as Oracle WebLogic Server, which can help to ensure that applications are scalable, reliable, and secure.
Another key benefit of Oracle IAS is its integration with other Oracle products. It is designed to work seamlessly with other Oracle products, such as Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware, which makes it easier for organizations to build and deploy applications that take advantage of these products. This can help to reduce the time and effort required to build and deploy applications and can also help to improve their performance and scalability.
One potential drawback of Oracle IAS is its cost. It is a comprehensive middleware platform that includes a range of tools and features, which can make it more expensive than other options. Additionally, it may require a significant investment in terms of time and resources to implement and maintain, which can be a concern for some organizations.
Oracle Internet Application Server Enterprise Edition Licensing
- Processor metric, where you count the number of cores and multiply with the Oracle core factor table.
- Named User Plus, individuals where you must license a minimum of 10 users per processor license.
Oracle Internet Application Server License costs
- The processor license costs $ 35,000 in license fee.
- Named User Plus license costs are $ 700 in the license fee.
Most common reasons for being out of compliant with your IAS license
- Upgrading IAS so that you need a WebLogic License.
- Misunderstanding Oracle licensing rules and policies.
- Deploying IAS on VMware.
How to audit whether you are compliant with Oracle IAS licenses
- We recommend that you use Oracle LMS Audit scripts to measure your compliance. We can help you review licensing.